1. Season the lamb chunks with salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large lidded pan and fry the onions, carrot and celery for 4-5 minutes, or until softened.
3. Add the garlic, anchovies, thyme and chilli, and continue to cook, stirring, until the anchovies have almost dissolved into the oil. Add the lamb chunks and fry for a further 4-5 minutes, or until browned all over.
4. Stir in the wine and continue to cook until the volume of the liquid has reduced by half, then add the vinegar. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
5. Add the peas, potatoes and tomatoes, cover again and continue to cook for about an hour, until the sauce has reduced by half.
6. Serve hot with plenty of bread to mop up the sauce.
Deals of the Day