Easter comes at the beginning of spring every year. It’s a time when we think about new life: the new life of plants and flowers springing up in the garden, and the new life that we can have because of Jesus’ sacrifice for us. It’s a great time to plant an “Easter Garden” indoors. Plant your Easter Garden early and watch it grow all spring!
- Paint and decorate a cardboard egg carton.
- Fill the egg cups with potting soil.
- Sprinkle grass seed on top of the soil and pat down. Then add a little more soil to cover the seeds.
- Use a spray bottle to moisten the soil thoroughly.
- Close the lid and put your “seed garden” on a plate in a warm place. Moisten the soil each day, and keep the lid closed until your seeds begin to sprout.
- After your seeds sprout, move your garden to a sunny spot and keep the lid open. Moisten the seedlings once or twice a day.
- As the grass grows taller, decorate your garden with small toy animals, silk or plastic flowers, jewels in the grass, action figures, or anything else you can come up with.